Stephen's Green Club
Branding + Print
Opening its doors in 1840 as the Stephen's Green Club, in 2004 it merged with the Hibernian Services Club becoming the Stephen's Green Hibernian Club, or for short SGHC. Following a strategic review in 2018, it was decided to revert to the more manageable name Stephen’s Green Club.
CI Studio worked on the brand identity refresh, carrying its heritage across with a contemporary twist in order to help position it as one of the world’s top private members clubs, renowned for open-mindedness, vitality, hospitality and a distinguished community, and to reassert the Club’s relevance to both new and existing audiences.
While the word Hibernia was dropped from the name, the figure of Hibernia – the female personification of Ireland - was a very significant element of the existing emblem. We felt it fitting to bring Hibernia to the fore in a new iteration of the Club’s emblem which was redrawn and recreated in-house.
“The city-centre haven for like-minded professionals in Dublin.”
We revealed the new Hibernia emblem and logotype along with their new introductory line, Welcome to The Club, to the Board of Management in September 2018 where it was very positively received by all members. Works to date include design of all communications material across all major touchpoints.